It's Wednesday. It's 9:30 am and I'm still in my pj's. I made breakfast smoothies (mine included my first taste of coconut oil--it's suppose to provide lots of benefit to our bodies--we'll see), I've done some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, sipped on some tea and watched a squirrel play on our balcony. It's been a good morning.
Soon I will spend some time feeding my soul by reading and meditating on some food for my soul . . . for if I don't I will begin to starve and grow weak in my inner most being. During the past month that Todd has been unemployed I have had moments where I am confident that God is working all things together for good and then, just as quickly, my heart wanders away from this hope to a place of anxiousness and fret. How is that possible? Did I actually have faith in that moment? Am I delusional? Perhaps. But I think that God is in both of those moments. Faith. Assurance. Fear. Anxiousness. Faith is being enlarged in me. Each time I wander, God draws me back. He woos me. Reminds me. Gives me peace. Hope. And most amazingly, the awareness of His love and affections towards me and our family.
It is well with my soul.
1 comment:
Indeed, it is well with your soul!
And you're not standing alone! =)
Love you!
(ps. nice coffee shop pic you've got there..! *MISSING IT!!*)
Post a Comment