Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's too quiet

It was quiet, my beautiful and small little shadow wasn't following me around as I cleaned up the kitchen. Why would this be a concern? Well, there are hardly any moments in the day where I am not in Lia's view. She keeps close tabs on me and doesn't allow me out of her sight--that includes when I go to the bathroom--she feels that I need company.

So, I went on my search to find her. Was she playing in the bathroom sink? She loves to play in the water and has been told numerous times not to do this. Nope. She wasn't there. Perhaps the other bathroom. She loves to get into my makeup. Again, she knows that this is a no-no so I was hoping she wasn't there. Nope. I guess I should try her bedroom. There was small movement under her blanket. That's strange. Why is she under the blanket? This can't be good.

I slowly removed the blanket to find Lia curled up underneath. A look of surprise and guilt was on her face. Then I saw why. She was holding a pair of scissors and around her were locks of her beautiful black hair. Not just a few strands of hair either. My first grab was at least one hand full.
I took the scissors and tried to assess the damage. Bangs--gone. Around her face--shortened. She quickly said, "Mom, I want my hair short." I tried to explain that we can go to the special hair salon to get her hair cut but she wasn't allowed to do it on her own. "I'm sorry. I just want my hair short."

I cleaned up her bed and then noticed on the floor several more large strands of her beautiful hair. Sigh.

Since her hair is so dark you can't tell the chunks that she took off from the back. We will be taking a trip to the hair salon--soon!

I was able to get a picture of some of what came off today. She is such a funny little girl! As we
were driving to pick up Zach I discovered what inspired act of spontaneous craziness--Mulan! I think we need to put that movie away!

1 comment:

Becky said...

oh no! Indeed put Mulan away, but then you will miss out on some of those mis-quoted moments!!