Sunday, May 17, 2009

A very Happy Mother's Day

I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with my family and a few friends. Todd had been asking me for a couple of weeks what I wanted to do and I couldn't decide. Mother's Day was only a few days away and I finally decided what would make my day wonderful--my family and a few special friends. Todd grilled some fish and we had more vegetable kabobs then one can imagine! Delicious! Our friend Bethany had just returned from Ethiopia and brought over some Ethiopian coffee beans--we roasted the beans and then used the french press to make a delightful cup of coffee. It was really a lovely day!

A funny from the day . . . our neighbor Michael really wanted to play with Lia. Michael is at our door just about every day and Mother's Day was no exception. We told him that Lia couldn't play right now because we were having lunch so he returned home with his head hanging low and started shouting at Lia from his yard. It went something like this:

Michael: "Can you play yet?"
Lia: "No, Michael. I'm with my family."
Michael: "I'm waiting for you, Lia."
Lia: "I can't come over right now."
Michael: "Lia, my heart is pumping fast while I wait for you."

Seriously! His heart is pumping fast. We need to watch this boy. I'm a little nervous that they will be in Kindergarten together next year. :-)

No comments: