Sunday, October 25, 2009

lost & found

We are having a wonderful time with Ray. It's so great to have a friend from home with us here. Ray arrived safely but her luggage was lost along the way. We made phone calls a couple of times a day to check the status of her luggage but were always told, "We are uncertain where your luggage is. We think it's in San Francisco. We will call you when we know."

6:30 pm. Good News! The luggage had arrived in Seoul. The airline would deliver the luggage to our apartment. Great.

9:30 pm. Call from airline delivery service.
Delivery guy: Hello. I bring your luggage.
Me (on behalf of Ray): Great. We are home.
Delivery guy" Your address is? (it's too long to write here)
Me: That is correct.
DG: Any Korean person there?
Me: No. Aniyo.
DG: I call back.
Me: O-kay

9:35 pm Delivery service calls back

DG: Okay, I bring your luggage. Give to security guy.
Me: Ne (yes). You will deliver.
DG: I give to security guy. I bring at 3 or 4
Me: Tonight? You will bring luggage.
DG: You understand? I bring luggage. Give to security guy.
Me: Ne, I understand. (Kinda)
DG: Okay, bye.

3:30 am Phone Rings
Me (disoriented and dazed): Hello?!
DG: Hello. I have your luggage. I am here.
Me: You are here?
DG: Yes, I am here now. At your apartment.
Me: O-kay.

Todd gets up. Goes to the door and sure enough, he's there. at our door at 3:30am.

Who makes deliveries at 3:30 am? Asiana Air, I guess.

Thankful that the luggage was found. And thankful for all the goodies that were sent from friends back home.

2 comments:

cari said...

Yay! Hope you get to eat tacos soon. :)

Stewart Family said...

oh, we did! and they were so yummy. the whole fam was excited. simple pleasures.