Monday, September 6, 2010

Beauty & Grace in every day

If you turn on the news tonight you will probably hear about a local or world event that will immediately frustrate, sadden or further increase your negative view of people and the world we live in. We live in a broken and fallen world and we all long for moments of beauty and hope around us. There are beautiful moments of grace and sometimes they come in very simple ways.

If you look, if you keep your eyes open and are aware of your surroundings, you can capture beauty all around you-even in people.

This past week I got to experience a few beautiful moments. One of them I shared on a photo blog project that I'm doing with my dear friend, Rachel. If you haven't seen it, please visit, www.kimmerandray.wordpress.com. Each week we will each post a picture that captured for us, Gratefulness. My picture, sisters, is Lia with two of our amazing friends here in Korea, Mindy and Kelly. Lia calls them her sisters and as a Mom, I'm incredibly grateful to have these two woman in my daughters life.

Here are two other pictures I was able to capture.



I was walking to the grocery store a few days ago and it was raining. There weren't a lot of people out but just ahead of me there was a man in a business suit. Approaching the business man was an elderly couple. The rain was falling harder and the elderly couple didn't have an umbrella. The buisiness man, offered his umbrella to them. For the next minute I watched, they insisted that they couldn't take the man's umbrella and he insisted that they did. Thankfully, the buisiness man won! As I got closer to the elderly couple I could see their faces, smiling from ear to ear and hearts full of gratitude.



I walked about one block with this precious little face staring at me. We grinned, and played peek-a-boo along the way. I thought about how safe she felt in her mommies arms and how much I love holding my own kids.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Dearest Kimmer ... I know this one is older, but I just love it and your eye for beauty and grace in the every day. Miss and Love!