Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twenty Thirteen

Happy New Year! 

This is not a new year resolution post. Resolutions stress me out. That is why I don't start my "read through the Bible in a year" in January. I usually begin sometime in March or April. I endeavour to read Genesis through Revelation in a year but most of the time it takes me longer. I'm okay with that. This is not a year in review post. I'm not sure I can remember this past year fully enough to create a list of what formed 2012 for our family. I might revisit highlights from this past year in a later post. Remembering is a good practice. There are pillars that help shape us and there are indeed pillars from this past year. I will say that 2012 was again marked by God's unfailing love, provision, mercy and goodness.

This is simply a long over-due post. The blog has sat silent for too long so it's time to wake up.

It's January 1. Day one of twenty thirteen. 

Todd and Zach are in Lia's room, drilling, sawing, and building a loft bed for Lia's room. Lia is "helping" in her own special way. She is not a good observer. She wants to be in charge. Surprise. It's wonderful to see Todd and Zach working together. Zach seems proud to be asked to work along side Dad to build. Men, using their hands, creating, bonding, using power tools. It's good.

I created a new Flickr group today. My treasured friend, Rachel and I are going to embark on a 365 photo project. Each day we will post a picture that captures something from our lives. Our hope is to be intentional in watching, waiting, seeking beauty and grace in our day to day stories. This is another part of me that's waking. My Flickr account has been silent since the fall of 2011. 

Here is the link if you would like to follow:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimmersphotos/

Time to carry on with my day . . . cleaning, reading, remembering, celebrating, and toasting the start of this new year.

Grace and Peace to all.






1 comment:

Rachel said...

2013: Let's do this thing. :)