Friday, October 26, 2007

Fall





Every season holds something beautiful. I'm grateful that I live in a part of the country where I can experience every season. This fall has been especially wonderful. The tree outside my window has slowly begun to wear it's fall colors--orange, yellow and a hint of red. The crisp air, the smell of Fall, the colors . . . it's fantastic--absolutely fantastic.


A friend of mine who lives in Arizona is missing the beauty of fall and asked if I could take pictures of trees to send her. Absolutely! Knowing that she is missing out on all of this beauty, I must give her the small gift of a few pictures--hopefully, I can capture a little of this season for her.

Zach has been off school the last two days. Although I haven't been feeling that well I thought we should get out and enjoy the beautiful blue skies and sunshine. I had recently seen an add for a pumpkin patch and corn maze so I thought we would take a little trip to Louisburg to check things out.

We had a great time despite the fact that the pumpkin patch and corn maze were disappointing--and the cost was outrageous. I will spare everyone the details--it's not worth going into. I did get some great pictures of the kids and we enjoyed being together--that's really all that matters.

Some notable quotes from our afternoon:

Lia--at the top of her lungs as we are passing a horrible waste lagoon near the corn maze--the smell was nauseating! "I am going to sing that smell away! Go away smell, go away smell, I am singing you away!"

Zach--as we were driving home he had taken off his shoes and socks in the car. He ask me why he has hair on his toes and also noticed that his legs seem to have more. I, in very simple terms, said that he was growing up. He smiled and then let out a shout, "I'm becoming a man!"


1 comment:

Rie said...

Ha! Such great quotes from such little (in size) people! :)