Friday, October 19, 2007

Today

Today. Today is a gorgeous day. The sky is clear, the air crisp, the trees beginning to wear their fall colors. I'm so grateful I live in a place where I can enjoy all four seasons. I can't imagine missing a day like this.

Lia and I met a friend this morning at our favorite little coffee shop. I really need to take a picture of it so that those of you who actually check out our little blog can see it. If I could have, I would have spent the entire day sitting on the patio-- gazing at the sky, sipping my tea, enjoying the way the leaves were blowing off the trees, reading a great book and pausing to give thanks to Jesus for His grace to me. But . . . Lia had to go potty and we had to leave . . . I still enjoyed our brief time on the patio and have been thankful all day for Today.

Today. I received an encouraging word from a friend. A friend who seems to always call or write just when I need to have my eyes turned back to all that is good, true, lovely and pure. I believe the Holy Spirit often prompts us in these ways--to be vessels of His grace and mercy to one another. It's as if He is saying, I am very aware of the quiet and restless places of your soul and mind and I am very much with you. I'm extremely grateful for my friends faithfulness to always follow through when led to pray for me. She sent me verses from Psalm 34. I have read the Psalm several times this afternoon. I would type out the entire Psalm but it's quite long. If you have a Bible I would encourage you to read it. Pause. Meditate.

Today.

1 comment:

KÄRIN [I write – therefore I am] said...

Today. I'm thinking of you.
=D
(miiiiiiiss youuuuuu!!!!!!!!)