We have never lacked anything. God has always faithfully provided for us and He most certainly will now. Though I've always known for this to be true, a reality in our lives, my heart at times is so overwhelmed that I am filled with anxiousness and fear. I've been going again and again to Psalm 37 to meditate and when I set my eyes on these truths I find rest . . .
Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. verses 3-4
I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lends. And His descendants are blessed. verses 25-26
In the midst of all of this are beautiful little surprises--light making it's way into my heart through friends that God has so graciously put in our lives. Last night we were going to a friends house for dinner. I have met three really great ladies at church (Amy, Tara and Elise)--we meet together each week for prayer and to share our lives together. We wanted to get together with our husbands and kids for a Christmas dinner. When we arrived at their house Amy greeted us at the door and pinned on me a blue ribbon that reads, "Look who's 40!" We were having a little birthday celebration . . . much to my surprise! I have to say that I am still smiling by their warmth and kindness. They sang happy birthday to me . . . twice . . . I blew out the candles . . . twice--once it was just with the adults and then we decided to get all the kids in on it. We all had a wonderful time . . . good fellowship, food and wine!
Undone.
Another little surprise . . . a Secret Santa! We received an e-mail today from a Secret Santa saying that we would be receiving some special things this week! Zach and Lia both received special packages today from this mysterious Secret Santa. How fun, mysterious, and wonderful . . . I have no doubt that this "Secret Santa" is someone we love very much!!
Undone. And grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment