Friday, February 15, 2008

can you start on tuesday?

After 2 1/2 months of searching, praying, applying, praying, interviewing, praying, waiting and praying . . . Todd was offered a position today with a Pharmecuetical company. Wow! Todd has had numerous interviews and has applied for a number of positions. The process has seemed long. He had two interviews yesterday. After the second interview he called before coming home and was really excited about the way things went. Of all the positions he has applied for, this position was exactly the type of work he really wants to do--he had begun to think that a position like it didn't exist in KC. The HR guy said that they would contact Todd in a week to let him know their decision. That sounded reasonable--it was just more waiting and we were use to that. This morning they telephoned Todd to say that they were all impressed with him and would like to offer him a position with their company. He of course accepted their offer and starts work Tuesday.

Our dear friend Rachel was visiting me when Todd called with the good news. We both cried. We thanked God for His faithfulness and hugged! It was nice to share that moment with her--how great to share life with such amazing people who really rejoice with you when you rejoice and carry the burden with you when life throws a few curve balls.

Todd has said several times that we wouldn't have asked for this season in our lives but it has been extremely wonderful to experience such beautiful acts of provision and kindness that have been shown to us. I thought today about how much I want to continue in this time of dependance because it's been so wonderful despite the moments my heart has felt so burdened.

I went back to Psalm 37 this afternoon. When all this began I read this Psalm over and over. I meditated on each verse. Waited. Cried. Rejoiced. I don't want to rush away from this place of surrender. Every day, regardless of what state or circumstance I find myself in, my life should be lived in the place of surrender and trust. Is He not trustworthy?!

Peace.

6 comments:

amy said...

At that point I began to suspect, as I have from time to time, that grace has a grand laughter in it. —Marilynne Robinson, Gilead

Tara said...

Hallelujah! Praise God for your provision and praise Him for your sanity these last 2 1/2 months! Prince of Peace he is!
Love you!

Hegemom said...

Mark the blameless, and behold the upright,for there is posterity for the peaceable.

We love you,

Stacey and the Gang

Stewart Family said...

what beautiful post! grace & peace . . . two amazing gifts!

Unknown said...

It's been the most exciting news to me until now in 2008. Lots of congratulations!

KÄRIN [I write – therefore I am] said...

PRAISE GOD!!!
=D
Give my love to Todd!