Monday, June 23, 2008

Meet Wilbur










Since are move to KC one year ago Lia has had an imaginary friend, Wilbur. Wilbur was first just responsible for any silliness that Lia found herself in, he is who would knock Lia down and tickle her and eventually they moved on in their relationship and were married. There was a small wedding, Wilbur's family and our family of course as well as the 8 brothers and sisters that Lia has also created in her imagination. It's worth noting that these brothers and sisters are very tiny and can fit into the palm of your hand--I've been asked to carry them and it's far easier than carrying the normal sized toddler on your hip!

Today Lia was chatting about Wilbur and his family and told me all of their names. Wilbur's full name is "Wilbur Care Patch", His father is "Sunny Patch" and his sister is "Um Patch." I didn't get the mom's name . . . somehow I just couldn't believe we were having this long conversation about Wilbur and forgot to ask about Mom!

Lia was looking quite cute so I took a picture of her and then she asked if she could take a few shots of Wilburn. I could't resit and let her. Wilbur was being quite silly she said and took two pictures.

I think she may be a genious!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I am laughing out loud! I love it! She is so incredible :) Miss you guys!

Rachel said...

Gah! She's so funny!

Unknown said...

Oh I miss LJ's wonderful smile! And I adore the picture of Wilbur! Our thoughts are with you. Hugs - the GPs in Columbia.

Becky said...

this brings a smile to my face! I miss Wilbur almost as much as I miss Lia Joy herself!