Thursday, September 11, 2008

name change



Lia informed us last night that she and Wilbur have changed their names. She would prefer for us to now call her, "Olivia" and Wilbur, "Jacob"--they don't like their old names anymore. Also, all of their children (it's up to 25 now) are all named Olivia and Wilbur--this could get confusing.

We were also informed that Lia is done with Pre-K and would like to move on and go to Zach's school with big kids. Her teacher said she is very ambitious and she loves that about her! LOL! Really? She is starting to read a little.

Zach and I have been looking for a dog. I always had a dog growing up and would love for the kids to. Zach wants a buddy and perhaps having a pup will bring a little comfort to him. He is wanting to grow his hair longer--something about that's how Indiana Jones had it when he was young. This is hard for me--I like his hair short but it's his hair and not worth a battle--there are definitely bigger battles to be fought--hair is not one of them. The only requirement that we have given him is that he must brush it! If he doesn't, we cut it! :-)

I'm enjoying these mornings while Lia is at school. I went grocery shopping today--alone. I'm going to clean the bathroom--alone. Simple pleasures.

1 comment:

I am Bethany. said...

Me and my sister both wanted to change our names somewhere in grade school. I think my mom went along with it till we got tired of the hassle and changed our names back.
But then...my imaginary friend only lasted a few days....
so who knows about this with Olivia?