This morning I thought I should post on the family blog . . . although I don't feel like I have much to say, stories to tell or any incredible observations about life. It's been a week since my last post. So, this is just what I'm thinking about on this beautiful morning in Kansas.
I am grateful that spring is here . . . at least it appears to be here. This morning as I sat on my couch, enjoying the quiet of the morning, I thought how wonderful it is to experience Spring every year. I never tire of the birds chirping, the leaves budding on the trees, green shoots of grass coming up from the ground and the beautiful colors that will soon appear all around me. Life. New Life.
Some goals for this spring in no particular order:
1. Be outside as much as possible with the kids.
2. Fly a kite.
3. Take long walks.
4. Sit on our deck, sip tea and read.
5. Enjoy friends.
6. Pause more to listen.
7. Plant a garden (that's really Todd's goal but I will help)
8. Visit the Abbey.
9. allow new life to spring up in me
10. plant flowers
No comments:
Post a Comment