Friday, April 17, 2009

It's good to be needed

It's an incredibly beautiful spring day here in Kansas. I'm grateful for this slow day. This morning I enjoyed time with my friend Julie. Not only do I enjoy being with Julie but she also has a daughter Lia's age and they love being together.

While Julie and I were enjoying our time together we both noticed a burning smell and moments later we heard a small but startling explosion. What was that!? Well, I had forgot that I had started an egg to make a hard boiled egg for Lia. All the water had evaporated, the egg heated to combustion state and exploded. It was hilarious! There were small fragments of egg all around and the egg had actually left the pot it was in and laid next to it on the store. I took the smoldering pan outside and opened the kitchen window. I had never seen anything like this happen--it made me laugh.


Lia and I have also enjoyed some time outside. I gathered all our flower pots, cleaned them out and hope to do some planting this weekend. Happy Day!

Blog worthy conversation with Lia:
Lia: "Mom, I need to go to the bathroom."
Me: "O-kay, go on."
Lia: "Just come with me and help me get started."
Me: "Lia, you really need to get to the bathroom."
Lia: "Moooommmm, just come." (I follow)
Lia: "Mom, I just can't go poopy without you!"
Me (smiling): "Lia, I think you can poop without me."
Lia: "Mom, I can't. I'm just not strong enough."
Me: "Lia, you are plenty strong to poop."

I had to step out of the bathroom because I was not doing a very good job at holding in my laughter. Did we really just have this conversation? Yes we did. Thankfully, she went and was quite relieved. ;-)

I partly blog this for my friend Becky who doesn't understand why people get so weird when poop is discussed since everyone does it.

2 comments:

Becky said...

THANK YOU!!!!! Everyone does indeed poop....why all the shame and embarrassment talking about it?

I appreciate your openness and willingness to share Lia's poop story. She, however, won't in a few years. :-)

Laura said...

I can HEAR Lia saying, "Mooooom!" Oh little Lia...Love you guys!

~LauraMcComas