Wilbur has moved to Bubble Land. I thought we were done with our imaginary friends but this morning all of that changed.
Back story: Yesterday I walked in Lia's room and smelled a very strong smell. A strong, distinct smell. Finger nail polish. Lia insisted that she did not get the finger nail polish out. I didn't believe her so I took it away and said because she lied she couldn't have it. She was upset and continued insisting that she didn't do it.
Here is our conversation this morning:
Lia: Mom, can I have my bag back?
Me: Lia, you need to tell me the truth. Did you get out your finger nail polish?
Lia: No.
Me: Well, I'm sorry that I cannot give your bag back to you. (explaining why not telling the truth is wrong)
Lia: Mom, it was "Stacy's" finger nail polish. She got it out.
Me: Who is Stacey?
Lia: Stacey is my sister.
Me: Lia, I'm sorry, I don't think "Stacy" got out the finger nail polish.
Lia: Mom, she did. She just bought it at the store.
Me: Lia, because you continue to not tell me the truth, you will not get your bag back. (I put it on top of the refrigerator)
Lia: Well, I can still reach it. I can climb!
Me (with a sigh): Lia, if you climb on the counter to get it, you will have a spanking.
Lia: Stacey did it.
1 comment:
It's always Stacy's fault...that's who I still blame things on.
Little Lia is a fireball! And I miss hanging out with her! (and you!)
Post a Comment