A few days ago I met my friends Greg and Becky in Insadong. Becky has been visiting Greg here in Korea and I had the pleasure of joining them on many of their site seeing adventures. On this particular day, I was going to show them a few of my favorite spots in Insadong and then they were going to visit a palace near by. I had been to the palace the week before so I opted out on another visit. I was going to sit in a tea shop and read and perhaps do a little shopping in the area. Until . . .
Until I looked at Mount Bugakson. The mountain was shades of yellow, orange and red. It was breathtaking. I decided that I should be spontaneous, and go for a hike on Mount Bugakson. I went to the information center and asked how do I get "here!" on my map. The kind information lady explained how and off I went. Bus #2 to the top of the mountain. Walk 10 minutes to the trail. Enjoy.

I wasn't disappointed. The view was fantastic and the hike incredible. I sat at the top of the mountain overlooking Seoul for a while and then began my quiet and peaceful climb down.
That's when I got a little turned around. I ended up in a completely different area then where I had begun. An unfamiliar area. I felt a bit nervous at first but then thought to myself, "this is all part of your adventure today. enjoy it!" And so I did.
While I was standing by a map of the area I was in, I met Seori and her mom. They were also trying to find their way back to Insadong and offered for me to join them. Seori speaks great English so we made the trek back to Insadong and enjoyed a wonderful conversation.

My only regret of the day is that Todd and the kids weren't with me.
2 comments:
Is that Greg Buckman and Becky Kahler? As in my Aunt Becky?? How fun that you got to have that adventure with them!
yep! greg buckman and your Aunt Becky! i had a blast being with them.
Post a Comment