Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rewind

A few things I want to remember from the past couple of weeks. Time to rewind.

1. Korean Lessons. It's been a few weeks since Hyejin and I had a lesson--we've been talking, enjoying Seoul and simply enjoying time together--not good for my Korean but great for our friendship. My ability to read has improved and though I have no comprehension of what I'm reading, I can read. I feel like I've scaled a mountain or conquered the impossible. I can ask for more of an item at a restaurant, understand money sums when at the cash register and give the taxi driver directions--I'm in no way close to being fluent, to even say that makes me laugh out loud. I do enjoy learning and have decided that I want to be better student--especially since my teacher is so wonderful and is taking the time to invest in me.

Last week we were able for the first time to get our families together for dinner. It was wonderful to meet Hyejin's husband, Son and for her to meet Todd.



2. English Club.


3. Traditional Korean Orchestra. Last week, Yujin took us to the Seongnam Art Center to hear a Traditional Korean Orchestra. The instruments and the musical arrangements were beautiful. I tried to capture a bit of the concert on video but was quickly shut down by an usher--apparently, I was breaking the rules.



4. MissioLux Christmas Celebration. Sunday evening we gathered at Jinny's cafe, Benesian, to celebrate Christmas as a community. We read the Story together, lit our candles and sang to the King who came as a babe and changed our lives forever.




5. The end of first semester. Todd and the kids finished their first semester last Friday. Unfortunately, the kids both got sick and missed their parties and seeing friends before the break. Everyone is healthy and we are all enjoying the break! Spending our days in our PJ's, playing games, watching movies, reading and sleeping in! It's a true vacation!

No comments: