The days have passed quickly over the past two months. I have formed multiple blog entries in my mind that have obviously not made it here. Our last month in Korea was packed. Jammed packed. We desired to make every day count with friends and adventures in that beautiful land before we returned to America. Our final month was emotional. I cried every day. My tears weren't all because I was sad about leaving Korea or anxious about the future. Most of my tears came from a place of gratefulness. Grateful for the amazing gift it was to spend two years living on that small peninsula.
The previous post about the DMZ was meant to be more than a photo. My plan was to explain this strange division that separates the two Koreas. That obviously never happened. I promise to go back and fill in all the details of that day. I'm so glad we didn't leave Korea without visiting the DMZ.
There are so many great moments to highlight in May. I will try to highlight a few of those from our last month but save separate post for things like our 20 year wedding anniversary on Jeju Island.
Rewind. Highlights from the month of May.
On Mother's Day we hiked up the mountain near our apartment in Dongbaek with friends. It was awesome!
My friends, MiKyung and Hyejin took me on a wonderful hike in an area just outside of Seoul. We stumbled across a temple near the forested area we hiked through--it was all decked out for Buddha's birthday.
One of the most beautiful parts of that day was a couple that we had seen while hiking. It wasn't until they passed us that I noticed that the woman was actually blind. Her husband walked in front of her giving her verbal instructions about the what the area ahead of her was like. When we both stopped for water, at the top of the hill, the gentleman who spoke very good English, began chatting with me. One of his first questions was about my age, to which his wife, slapped him in the arm. It was funny and I unashamedly told him that I am 43. They hike the trail every day but Sunday because that's a day of worship and rest. The trust between them and the courage of the woman is incredible.
My friendship with Hyejin and Mikung is priceless. I will be forever grateful for their love, friendship and generosity to me and our family.
Our friend, Kelly had a birthday! We celebrated with an 80's Murder Mystery party!
The ladies from the Dongbaek English Club made every Friday wonderful. We shared meals, practiced our English and laughed a lot!
Jinny had a birthday too . . . another fabulous woman to celebrate!
We spent many afternoons at Benesian with our favorite Barista!
Sunday Night Community! We gathered Sunday evenings to share a meal together, worship and pray. These were precious times for our family. Our last few gatherings were incredibly special. We are grateful for the amazing family we shared life with in Korea.
The previous post about the DMZ was meant to be more than a photo. My plan was to explain this strange division that separates the two Koreas. That obviously never happened. I promise to go back and fill in all the details of that day. I'm so glad we didn't leave Korea without visiting the DMZ.
There are so many great moments to highlight in May. I will try to highlight a few of those from our last month but save separate post for things like our 20 year wedding anniversary on Jeju Island.
Rewind. Highlights from the month of May.
On Mother's Day we hiked up the mountain near our apartment in Dongbaek with friends. It was awesome!
My friends, MiKyung and Hyejin took me on a wonderful hike in an area just outside of Seoul. We stumbled across a temple near the forested area we hiked through--it was all decked out for Buddha's birthday.
One of the most beautiful parts of that day was a couple that we had seen while hiking. It wasn't until they passed us that I noticed that the woman was actually blind. Her husband walked in front of her giving her verbal instructions about the what the area ahead of her was like. When we both stopped for water, at the top of the hill, the gentleman who spoke very good English, began chatting with me. One of his first questions was about my age, to which his wife, slapped him in the arm. It was funny and I unashamedly told him that I am 43. They hike the trail every day but Sunday because that's a day of worship and rest. The trust between them and the courage of the woman is incredible.
My friendship with Hyejin and Mikung is priceless. I will be forever grateful for their love, friendship and generosity to me and our family.
Our friend, Kelly had a birthday! We celebrated with an 80's Murder Mystery party!
The ladies from the Dongbaek English Club made every Friday wonderful. We shared meals, practiced our English and laughed a lot!
Jinny had a birthday too . . . another fabulous woman to celebrate!
We spent many afternoons at Benesian with our favorite Barista!
Sunday Night Community! We gathered Sunday evenings to share a meal together, worship and pray. These were precious times for our family. Our last few gatherings were incredibly special. We are grateful for the amazing family we shared life with in Korea.
No comments:
Post a Comment