The first day of Spring was two days ago. Tulips are blooming in the yard. They are the saddest tulips I have ever seen. It's cold. The tulips were lured into thinking that a few warmer days meant it was time to break through the winter ground. We are under a winter weather advisory until Sunday. The weather people are saying that we could have 6-10 inches of snow.
In Lia's words, "Mom, winter and spring are all mixed up." Perhaps.
We all know my love for winter but spring is also lovely. Spring represents newness and life. Spring is when creation awakens from it's sleep. I am thankful that spring is coming. Even with the pending snow storm, the promise of spring is before me.
I wait. I wait with expectation and hope.
Awake.
In early January I was thinking, praying, meditating on a word for this season of my life. After several days of writing in my journal, the word AWAKE kept stirring around in me.
It has become my constant prayer.
Awaken me again. Awake, oh, my soul!
Arise my beloved . . . awake and sing
new life, fruitfulness, fullness, growth
Awakened.
I have felt asleep for the past year and a half. I have felt as if I'm wandering in a wilderness and looking for the promise of a new day, a new beginning, a place of belonging. I am slowly awakening from my slumber, I'm breaking through the cold grounds of winter, a little mixed up but breathing deep the love of my Savior King.

1 comment:
So beautiful! It resonates with my own hearts longing. I can feel spring coming, although I have a feeling that whatever spring does come to my heart will be mixed with snow for the next 3 1/2 years when I will have a 5 and 6 year old. ;)
Post a Comment