Saturday, October 27, 2007

from the mouths of babes

I have been battling a migraine all evening. I took some medication that made me feel worse then I did prior to taking it . . . it was meant to take the edge off and instead it made me feel nauseated. As I lay in the dark for awhile with a cold cloth on my head I experienced only little relief.

I was saying good night to Lia and she asked if I wanted her to pray for me. She said,"I could talk to Jesus." I laid my head on her pillow and she offered a sweet and sincere prayer--"Jesus will you take away mommy's headache?" Then with wide eyes she looked at me and said, "He said Yes! He will give you some ibuprofen!"

I think . . . no, I know that God smiled and I was given some relief . . . the prayer and kiss on my head from my little girl and the miracle of a gracious Father in Heaven who hears when we call upon Him.

BELLA. A movie that must be seen. This movie is now on my top 5 list--perhaps at number 2.

2 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

Hoooraaaay, LJ! What a sweetheart!

Stacey

Rie said...

That is so hilarious! I'm impressed that she knows how to say "ibuprofen"!