Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm melting!

Lia has been whining a lot today. I was going to lament through the blog about all the whining today but that would mean that I'm whining and I don't want to whine. No whining!

This evening I told Lia she needed to take off the shoes she was wearing. The shoes, "her dancing shoes" are way too small and they clunk as she walks. We can't have clunking because our neighbor downstairs is very sensitive and we want to respect her desire for silence (that's another story for another time.). On with the story. I told Lia at least 3x to take off her shoes. Her only response was whining . . . long, strung out words in her raspy and whiny voice about how she couldn't dance without her shoes, how sad she would be not to wear her shoes, how dancers had to wear their dancing shoes (all valid points but she still needed to take them off). I decided she could sit alone a bit until she could stop whining and took off her shoes.

As she sat in her "quiet spot" I hear her say, again in long, strung out whiny words, "Mom, I can't take off my shoes because then I would melt!"

No comments: