Saturday, May 3, 2008

all moved in

It was almost a year ago that we moved to Kansas City. It's amazing to think that a year has passed. What a journey it's been!

Today we woke up bright and early to start preparing for our move. The thought of what all would transpire in the day ahead seemed some what daunting to me. For the past week I have spent hours and hours painting and cleaning at our new house. My body was tired and sore and I couldn't imagine putting myself through another day of work! Oh, I thank God for wonderful friends!

Everything is moved. The kitchen is set up. The kids rooms are functional and our bed is made! I am now sitting, dirty and smelly in our new living room--which is so lovely! I was going to start unloading our books and setting up the bookshelves but rest is my greatest need right now-not organized bookshelves. Typically I am pretty anal about this--I would work until I just couldn't lift my arms because I don't like my world to feel as though there is disorder. A little disorder is good. Rest is really good.

Goodnight from Kansas. Peace.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hurray! Isn't God just so faithful! And generous! I'm thankful with you for your wonderful home!