This is most likely my last post before we leave for Korea--it's going to be long. For the past several days we have been busy packing, loading suitcases, selling and giving away our "stuff". There are random items laying around every where and I'm not really sure what to do with them. I'm sure they belong somewhere but it's a bit overwhelming to think about.
Here's what the next few days look like and why this is probably my last post before our traveling adventure begins.
Sunday: We are going to visit friends at Grace Church in Lees Summit. After church we are going to meet our dear friends Brian, Somer and their kids just outside of KC to enjoy a couple of hours together at a Winery. We will then celebrate our beautiful Savior with our community here in Kc, The Gathering Network, www.gatheringnetwork.org
It will be a full and wonderful day.
Monday: Final cleaning and clearing out our house. We will move ourselves and all of our luggage to a friends house and stay there until we fly out Wednesday.
Tuesday: One last visit to our house. Carpets cleaned. The rest of the day we hope to rest and spend time together. I hope to visit with some friends I use to work with at the Bux too. Tuesday evening a few friends are coming over to enjoy a cold tasty beverage with us before our departure.
Wednesday: GO! Our dear friend, Chris, will pick us up at 3:00 pm. We will head to the airport and fly out of KCI at 6:00pm
A few things that I'm grateful for these past few weeks:
1. Being prayed over at the Gathering. It would have been incredible to have been sitting out in the blue chairs watching as people prayed over us. It was beautiful.
2. Dinner with the ladies that I have been part of a Bible Study with since we moved here. It was a great evening of fellowship with one another and our husbands. At the end of the evening they prayed over us.
3. Sending party at the Wootens. Wow! That's all I can really say about that.
4. Meals brought to us all week by our friends at the Gathering.
5. Provision. God is faithful.
6. 24 hours of quiet and fellowship at Conception Abbey. Emphasis on the quiet.
7. Our house is rented.
8. Friends loving on our kids.
9. Family pictures taken by our friend Jenae. Check out her website: www.imijfoto.com
10. Our friends Phil and Deb driving to KC just to have lunch with us.
11. It hasn't happened yet but I'm excited to meet at the Winery with the Larsons.
12. My manager at the Bux donated 6 lbs of coffee for the office staff at the school that Todd will be teaching at.
13. Vanessa cut my hair and Natalie highlighted my hair--thankful.
14. Picnic with the Millers and Stirnaman's at Shawnee Mission Park.
15. GRACE.
No comments:
Post a Comment