Sunday, August 23, 2009
Short video post
I don't edit these videos. I'm sure you'll figure that out when you watch it. It's reality Stewart video. We tried to do another short video this evening and Lia got so mad that I didn't video her fast enough and started throwing a fit, stopping the feet and the stink eye were included. Though it might be funny to watch, I'm going to cover my sweet little girl and not post it.
We've had a really good day. We visited the church that is affiliated with the school. The entire service was in Korean but we were able to recognize a few songs--Hillsongs! The message was translated for us but my headphone set kept breaking up so I didn't follow the entire message completely. At the end of the service the Lord's Prayer was sung. I believe in every language hearing that prayer is beautiful and powerful. Same Father, Son and Spirit--language doesn't change that.
After the service a meal was prepared downstairs and pizza was ordered for the new teachers. I really wanted to try the traditional Korean food so one of the other teachers, who is Korean and speaks English fluently took me under her wing and taught me how to prepare the foods that were set out.
There were two different meat dishes--one very spicy and the other less spicy. I chose the less spicy (see previous post about mouth on fire meal). There was also lettuce, rice, Kimichi, soup and a side of seaweed wraps. I tried it all. Process: take lettuce leaf, put a small amount of rice and meat and then enjoy. It was delicious. The seaweed wraps were also good--you take the seaweed wrap, place rice in the center, roll and enjoy. I did enjoy.
This evening we wanted to eat Korean BBQ so we decided to go out a little earlier so that the kids wouldn't be so tired. We were too early. Most of the restaurants around our house didn't start serving until 6:00. We ended up at Outback Steakhouse. Unbelievable. It did have it's own little Korean flare so it wasn't completely like back in the States.
After dinner we took the kids to get ice cream. While we were there, the manager wanted to give Lia a necklace. It's a huge heart shaped necklace that flickers different colors. She loves it--lots of bling.
Day number three is coming to and end. Todd begins teacher orientation tomorrow. I'm not sure what the kids and I will do. Perhaps another trip to E-Mart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha ha. now we can all get into your apartment. we know the code:)
actually we are about to change it. mrs. bae suggested that we should--we agreed. :-) but yes, anyone is welcome to come to korea and surprise us! that would be awesome! :-)
Post a Comment