Wednesday, February 3, 2010



19 years ago Todd and I were standing on this corner when he asked me to marry him. I said, "Yes!"

And yes, we do remember the night we were engaged--instead of doing something for Valentines Day, we celebrate Ground Hogs Day!

I thought it would be fun to surprise Todd with some pictures from our special corner in Columbia so I contacted our friend Lydia and she took a few amazing pics for me. Todd was completely surprised and loves the pictures--and so do I!

All day we were trying to decide what we wanted to do for our special day. Dinner? Dessert? Both? We decided that we both wanted Mexican so we hopped on the subway and headed to On the Border. Yep, you read that right, we ate at On the Border in Korea for our 19th Happy Engagement Anniversary. It took us 45 minutes to get there by subway and 45 minutes to get home (standing most of the way both directions) but it was totally worth it! We shared a delicious and very filling meal and had fresh guacamole (for me that was a highlight).

On the way home we were laughing at how different this year was from previous. We were falling asleep on the way home and it wasn't even 10:00--you know you're Korean when you fall asleep in another passengers lap on the subway. I didn't really fall asleep but I did close my eyes and thought to myself, "I'm so Korean right now!"

2 comments:

I am Bethany. said...

i love your marriage.

Laura said...

Yum, nothing like some good guac! That IS hilarious that ya'll went to On the Border in Korea. Miss you!