Here in Korea Zach is often told how handsome he is. He always shyly replies, "thank you." Usually, those comments are from elderly woman, so he doesn't feel too embarrassed. Today, at the bus stop a few high school girls (not from BHCS) joined Todd and the kids while they waited. After a few moments, the girls said to Zach, "you are so handsome." Oh. my. goodness.
Zach of course was embarrassed but said, "thank you." The bus arrives, everyone gets on and one of the girls asked if she could have a picture with Zach. He said, "yes." Smiled for the picture and hoped that these three girls would exit the bus quickly!
When the story was being relayed to me, Zach had a little bit of a cheeky grin, as if to say, "it wasn't that bad. well, ya, it kinda was but i kinda liked it. but not really."
I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. I'm not sure I should be blogging about it either--it could embarrass him even more. But it's too cute not to share.
3 comments:
You're his mom. You HAVE to tell the story. I mean if you didn't, it would just sit inside you simmering only to burst forth at some inopportune moment! It's just what moms do. . . and somewhere deep down inside of him, he's glad 'cuz it shows how crazy you are about him! By the way, with that shirt, tie, and hat on he looks much older and incredibly handsome! :-)
i agree with those girls and those little old ladies- have always thought zach was one handsome dude! and with that hat on, brings it up to a whole new level of handsomeness! nancy k
Aaww!
Post a Comment