Sunday, August 22, 2010

a few thoughts from todd

are we to learn something else...

An aside: I always espouse my trust in His sovereignty. I have sometimes cautioned others who wax eloquently about the doctrine of God's sovereignty, yet find it easy to blame men for their plight or perceived missed opportunities in life. I am asking, praying: "How do I reconcile my apartment requests to the school with my many prayers for a three bedroom apartment close to the school and with the reality that I find my family in a small apartment not so close to the school?" I trust in the God who answers prayer. I trust in the sovereignty of God that can and does trumps or works through the desires and and decisions of men and women that can and do affect me for my good. Or should I say that God will work all things together for our good in spite of the decisions that other humans make that affect our experiences in life. I will to continue to have a faith filled, trusting response to the situation that I find myself in. I am endeavoring to respond with wisdom, patience, and grace, and avoid thinking that I or we "deserve better". Every good thing we receive from God is all by grace; unmerited, unearned, undeserved favor. I don't deserve this wonderful, small apartment anymore than our faithful brothers in North Korea deserve to be in a hard labor prison camp, or as the simple ordinary, starving family in North Korea longs for the next bite to eat. Perhaps I/we don't "need" what we want. I am believing we are to learn something from this experience. It is driving me to Him in prayer. That is always a good thing. That is the beautiful work of God that I believe He is always doing. He works through my circumstances to drive me to Him. This is my present perspective.

No comments: