Saturday, November 14, 2015

day 253

3 Gifts Silent

1. Hugs. I love hugs. Giving. Receiving. A quiet exchange of love, acceptance and belonging. 

2. Mornings. I am thankful for the quiet space the mornings give to start the day. The sun silently rises and cast shadows across my window and I sit with my tea and journal and His word. 

3. The gift of silence with a friend. I am thankful for time and space with a friend where no words are spoken and we simply enjoy the presence of one another with no fear or insecurity.


I've been sick a lot the past two weeks. It all started with some kind of allergy reaction and hives. The mild cough I had turned into a chronic cough and asthma issues. I am taking all sorts of medications that make me feel like I might crawl out of my skin. I wish I could hit a reset button and cleanse my system of all of these invaders. I've been home a few days to rest and be still. The sun shadows and warmth, my Jesus Storybook Bible and tea have been sweet little gifts for these long days.




No comments: