Tuesday, November 24, 2015

day 256

3 Gifts of Gratefulness

1. Gratefulness brings perspective. As I celebrate the small and big gifts in my life, I have a greater appreciation for the journey that I am on. 

2. Gratefulness multiplies. Sometimes I experiment with this. I stop to enjoy something beautiful, to say thank you, to appreciate those around me and it becomes a little addictive and you want to do it more. You also start noticing others doing the same.

3. Gratefulness slows you down. Reflective. Intentional. Hope-filled.


I've had several circumstances and seasons in life where I had to fight for gratefulness. I've have said to the Lord, "This is not at all what I hoped or longed for. I am sad and disappointed but thank you for the promise that you won't forsake me. For the promise that You work all things together for my good and Your glory." I cried, more liked sobbed, while speaking those words. I wasn't sure I even believed it in the moment but I said it, out loud, and hoped that my disappointment wouldn't crush me. And it didn't. Each day gratefulness led me to faith and hope and set my heart free to see that what He promises is true. 


She wanted to make rainbow cookies. Perhaps because she's a unicorn.

She and Todd love baking together. I like cooking. Not so much baking. 






No comments: