Wednesday, June 13, 2007

adjusting

I'm often asked how I'm adjusting to this new chapter in our lives. I think overall each of us is doing well. Our pace of life has slowed down dramatically--and that's not bad--it's been really good for us to connect as a family.

For the past 20 years our lives have been full of friends that we walked through ever major event of our lives with. We had been part of the same church for 20 years--we were part of the fabric of our church, knitted together with peoples lives--sharing joys, sorrows, births, deaths--my heart is just glad and thankful as I think about it. There is an ache in each of us for CoMO but we also know that God has ordered our steps and led us here. That personally gives me an assurance that though I currently feel out of place, God is with us and He is faithfully working in our lives.

We have visited two churches. Last Sunday we actually went to both of them in the same day. I'm not sure where we are going to plant ourselves. The first Sunday that we went to one of the churches it seemed so strange--almost like we were abandoning our church family that we had been part of for 20 years. That said, there is something also wonderful about gathering together to worship and hear from God's word with the people of God--regardless of where you are or if you know anyone in the room. I experienced that in Thailand and China--language didn't change that we all were worshipping and desiring to know Jesus more intimately--together!

Zach actually likes one of the churches a lot and has asked several times when do we get to go back. God could be using Zach to lead us to where we should be.

I'm pretty much just rambling. There are days I just ache and yet not without hope or peace. I told someone today that I think Jesus is doing a work in my heart which is always beautiful and yet the process can sometimes be painful.

Todd is enjoying his job. He enjoys the people that he works with and the project he is working on is both challenging and interesting.

Resting with hope and joy.

No comments: