It seems that each day passes by so quickly. A month has almost passed and I'm trying to remember what in the world I've been doing. Some days I can't remember what I've done the day before. I thought it might be beneficial to do a little reflection to help me recall the past few weeks.
Most of the past few weeks have involved our new home. We have officially been in our new home for 3 weeks. It is slowly feeling more and more like our house. We seem to be doing a lot of projects--garage door installation, painting, hanging curtains, planting, mowing, and the list goes on and on.
I've spent a lot of time in Lowes.
Celebrated being a Mom. It was a great day. We actually celebrated with friends by grilling and relaxing. I'm incredible thankful for the gift of being a Mom to Zach and Lia.
Applied and interviewed for a job at Starbucks. It's true. I have been offered a job and will start this Thursday. I will be working 15-20 hours a week. I'm looking forward to smelling like a bean! :-) Call me Barista!
Played a lot of wiffle ball in our large backyard! Zach is quite the slugger!
Hosted a brunch for the Leadership Interns at church. It was a blast. My dear friend Ray-Ray and I woke quite early and made a fantastic brunch for 20 plus new friends.
Todd and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary--May 25. We were able to enjoy brunch on the Plaza, walk some beautiful gardens near the Nelson Art Gallery and shop for flowers at a nursery. Being together and not rushing through a meal or our walk was wonderful! Oh, and my Darlin sent me roses for our anniversary. I was so surprised! They are lovely!
As we drove to church the morning of our anniversary I told Zach and Lia that when Dad and I got married we hoped to be blessed with kids and we got two incredible kids. Zach smiled so big when I said it and reached out his hand to hold mine. It was so precious!
We are keeping Zach's class pet, "Leah the Lizard" for the summer. Leah is pretty cool. We fed her crickets today and it was interesting to watch her position her self to pounce her prey. Wow!
We've lived in Kansas City for 1 year. We've been reflecting a lot about the past year. It's incredible to think of all that has transpired in our lives over the past 12 months. Those thoughts are worth a separate post.
There is probably more but I can't recall it right now. :-)
God is indeed good and faithful.
1 comment:
I can't believe you've been there a year! How exciting...but I have to say, I miss seeing you guys every week...
Post a Comment