Conversation with Lia last night at bed time . . .
Lia: Why does God not need to rest?
Me: Well, He's God! He's all powerful, strong, sufficient--He doesn't lack or need anything. He's not like us.
Lia: Well, I want to be all-powerful!
Yesterday as Lia and I were leaving church we somehow lost "big pink" between leaving the building and getting to our car. We searched for big pink but could not find it anywhere. Lia was struggling with the absence of her pink. I prayed for her and said that we would keep searching. A little bit later I had a message on our phone from our friend Justin--he had found something very special in the parking lot! Yeah! Lia was so thrilled and started saying over and over, "Justin is my hero! He's my hero!!" She was quiet a few minutes and then said, "Justin, doesn't have a cape! Don't hero's wear capes?" Not all hero's was my reply . . . she agreed, Justin was still her hero!
Man, am I glad that blankey was found--it could have been a very hard night!
3 comments:
(previous post deleted because I typed Lisa instead of Lia-- not cool)
I was saying...tell Lia "thanks" for letting Justin and I enjoy Big Pink for the afternoon. I think our Sunday afternoon was significantly improved by the presence of something pink and well loved.
Yeah, Justin was SO HAPPY he found Big Pink. I think he actually may have been more happy than Lia about the whole deal.
Post a Comment