We had all been anticipating the weekend of January 23, 2009. With the exception of one year we have celebrated the Chinese New Year with the families we traveled to China with in 2005. Lia had been talking all week about seeing her "Hunan Sisters". We would come to find out that each of them were looking forward to this weekend with much anticipation!
As each of the families would arrive the girls would greet each other with such enthusiasm and then run off to play. There were giggles, laughs, silliness and joy all around.
I'm grateful that each of the girls have one another--their Chinese Sisters. They have a very special bond that I hope we can continue to cultivate as they grow up.
I'm also grateful for all the Dad's and Mom's. What a beautiful group of people. We shared stories, struggles, joys and the pains of being parents. We have beautiful, strong little girls that have a lot of questions about their stories. I'm grateful that we can share our experiences and encourage one another.
Our little Hunan Family has also grown in 4 years. When we traveled fours years ago our children numbered (of those represented this weekend) 12. This weekend we had 16 and two families waiting for referrals from China!
Our weekend can be summed up like this:
2 broken toes (my toe and one of the dad's)
1 broken arm (sweet little grace)
countless smiles, giggles and growing friendships
2 comments:
I love the photos...especially since I've seen all the red couch photos...it's beautiful to see how much each girl has grown!!!
this made me cry. i probably would have sobbed had i not been at work. what a BEAUTIFUL image of hope each of those gorgeous faces bring. love you!!!
Post a Comment