Friday, April 3, 2009

You must be NEW!

Many of you know that I work at Starbucks. Yes, I am a friendly barista, serving your favorite coffee beverages with a smile. I could probably write a nice coffee table book of funny, intriguing and strange stories of experiences that I have as a barista and sell millions of copies. Well, maybe.

Here is my funny moment from tonight . . .

Me(Barista): Venti Iced Carmel Macchiato
Customer: You must be new.
Me (Barista): No (smiling and confused)
Customer: Well, I was here two weeks ago and you forgot to give me a straw then too. Just like today.
Me (Barista): Really?! I'm so sorry.
Customer: I just thought you were new because you did it again.
Me (Barista): I'm so sorry. I'm glad you came back and I'm glad you're here tonight. I'll try not to forget your straw next time.
Customer: Thanks. I'm glad I'm here too.
Me (Barista) Have a good night.

I couldn't stop laughing. Two weeks ago! Two weeks ago I forgot her straw. Tonight I failed as a barista. ;-) The funny thing is we keep a full container of straws on the counter--not even an arms length away.

1 comment:

I am Bethany. said...

bless you for all the grace in your heart.

seriously.