Friday, August 21, 2009
Day One
I look extremely exhausted but thought it would be fun to post a video message. It gives a little taste of what our apartment is like and the area we are living in. Todd and I are both happy about the area we live in. Wonderful shops and places to eat all around us. Our apartment is considered a "medium" sizes apartment on the Korean scale--it will work just fine but will be an adjustment as we try to determine the best layout for living. The view is lovely and we hear the sounds of the city around us.
When we arrived this morning we were greeted by Mrs. Bae (school administrator) and Pastor Kim. They are very kind and have been extremely generous to us. The drive from the airport to our apartment was beautiful. The sun was rising, the sky was arrayed in color and mountains surrounded us. I was also surprised at how many trees there are. Thankful for that!
Lia talked non-stop for the entire 1 hour drive. Not hiding any of her spicy personality.
After we dropped off our belongings at the apartment Mrs. Bae took us out to breakfast. She desired to take us to a local place for our first meal but it was closed. Where did we go? McDonalds. Yes. I couldn't believe it. I think it was probably good for the kids--something familiar.
We unpacked and rested most of the afternoon. I tried to keep myself awake but was too emotional not to just give in to what my entire body was pleading with me to do--SLEEP. I slept 3 hours. Nice.
We went the California Burger place for dinner. The kids both crashed while we were there so we grabbed our food and came home.
I need to get to bed. I keep staring off into space. More to come . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
beautiful kim! miss you guys TONS! Last night I was cleaning out my pockets and found a lime green hair clip that I had picked up off lia's bedroom floor when I was cleaning. not gonna lie, made me tear up a little...
Wow, what fun! I can't believe you're there! Thanks so much for sharing on your first day, even though you are exhausted. So happy to hear you all made it safely. Lots of love and prayers to all of you as you make your way! :-)
Umm, I have to admit, my favorite part is the 2 burner stove above the washer. I actually laughed out loud when you got to that part. Reminds me a bit of Julia in her very small kitchen in Paris and Julie in NYC :) SO glad you're there safe and sound!
Love the video!!!
Post a Comment