Today I met with the ladies who desire to teach me Korean and for me to help them with their English conversation. This week wasn't as exhausting as our first visit. It was actually a lot of fun.
We talked about music we enjoy. Michael Jackson was a favorite of theirs--we sang some Beat It together. We also sang one of my favorites, Piano Man by Billy Joel. It was awesome, me and three Korean ladies, "sing us a song, you're the piano man, sing us a song tonight . . ." we were laughing and singing along with one another--another moment when the language barrier is hurdled--through music. Thankful.
My lesson today was to learn a Korean Children's song. I'm posting a video for your entertainment. I'm a slow learner. Very slow. But they cheered me on and told me that my bad singing was "good" and we laughed . . . a lot. (video is on flicr)
1 comment:
Umm, are you OK??
I love keeping up with you guys through your blog. But I miss you.
Post a Comment