Sunday, December 6, 2009

Young Sim

In previous post, I've mentioned my friend Young Sim, from the noodle shop in our apartment building. I enjoy going to her shop. She is always so warm and kind, a sweet smile on her face. Her shop is always busy! Which is a good sign that her place is GOOD!

I've wanted to do something special for her but haven't known exactly what to do. We can't really communicate. Neither of us are skilled in the others language. I decided last week to bring her a poinsettia--they are beautiful, just like she is!

I stopped by her restaurant and gave her the poinsettia--it was wonderful!

We exchanged phone numbers so that we could text each other and made a date for Sunday--today.

We met outside her shop at 4pm and went to a beautiful cafe in our building. She brought her cousin (at least I think that's their relation). They each had electronic dictionaries. Which is awesome! Our conversation was very broken. We laughed. I drew a picture of the United States to show where our family is from. It was a lovely time.

After our time having tea, they invited Lia and I to meet them for dinner. I said, "sure!" It's too confusing to try and figure out scheduling a time so I just went along.

I told them if I could make a wish, I would wish that I could speak Korean. In Konglish (that's a combo of English and Korean), they said they would wish to speak English.

Hopefully, in time, we will be able to communicate. Smiles go a long way--she calls me her friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all so dear and makes my heart happy.