Friday, January 1, 2016

2016. Beginnings. Me.

Happy New Year! 2016. Wow! It seems impossible that a year has passed. I think I feel that way every year. 

I've been preparing for this new year and season for the past several days. For my birthday Todd made me a simple dream journal. On the cover it says, "she knew who she was in Christ and dared to dream." The purpose of the journal is to write down 48 dreams, prayers and experiences that may seem impossible but that I long for in this 48th year of my life. I think it's the most thoughtful and meaningful gift he's ever given me. That's not an exaggeration. I have found it a little scary to dream. The journal feels like I have permission, as scary as it might be, to dream and pursue longings in my heart this year. 

I've decided to incorporate a 365 photo project, the blog and the dream journal into the story of this next year. Each of these components are connected. Each are scary steps for me. I have researched several 365 photo project ideas and decided to follow one that would stretch me each day. I have begun to make my list of dreams and longings for this year. I will post my photo each day on the blog but also use the blog to share what I'm thinking, praying, reading, experiencing and dreaming about. I am both expectant and nervous. 

01.01.2016 

01.01.2016  Me.
What a vulnerable way to start. Take a self portrait. It's out of focus. I tried several shots but struggled to get the focus correct using the timer. The photo project is always part pleasure and part growing in skill.

No comments: