We had a wonderful day. It started with we all slept in! How great is that. We had a slow morning. I was able to sit for a few moments on the balcony, enjoy a cup of tea and read for a short time. We then set out for a little exploring. Which is why I titled this the way in which I did. It happens when you're in a new place--you get lost, turned around, confused. After about 15 minutes Zach said, "I feel like we are going in circles." We are!
Our first stop, the church we will be visiting Sunday morning. We decided to find the church today so that we won't get lost and show up late in the morning. We found it and decided there would be a better route to take then the directions provided by Mapquest.
Then we were off to Cabella's Outfitters. It was a lot of fun. Zach was able to do target practice at a range they have set up. It's like a video game--you drop in a couple of tokens and then fire away. The facility has different areas set up with stuffed animals--elephants, tigers, bears, coyotes (and more) from different continents. It was pretty cool but scared Lia. Lia was pretty much was clinging to Todd or me and saying, "I don't like those animals."
We then set off to Nebraska Furniture. Wow! We had heard things about this place--it's impressive. We are looking for a large overstuffed chair or loveseat--they had a lot to choose from. The kids loved trying out all the possibilities. No decisions were made. Todd and I usually take awhile to make decisions like this. We will have to go back.
Our last stop . . . the park. We had a great time climbing, sliding, swinging and blowing bubbles!
While I made dinner Todd took the kids swimming. Although the water was still pretty cool they had a great time.
Someone asked us yesterday if we missed Columbia yet. I think I started missing Columbia as we drove west to KC. I do miss Columbia but today I also thought how nice it is that the pace of our lives has slowed down. Our days are not packed full. We are spending much needed time together as a family and for these things I am extremely grateful.
Slowly this is becoming home.
1 comment:
Hey ya Stewarts!! How awesome I found this blog...thanks Ami!
I am glad you are taking time with your family. You only get one shot with them. We need to make it count! You are right, so often in our society we get caught up in the "busyness" because someone somewhere said be incredibly busy is a good thing. Oh, they never said it like that, but it's how we live. i.e.
"How are you?"
"Oh fine, busy as ever."
"Ya, me too. I just hate being bored!"
If person two had said, "Oh, just taking it easy, enjoying things as they come", we tend to think he's weak. (Sidebar, the Word tends to say quite a bit about being weak...I think it's all good stuff!)
I'm rambling, sorry. Just glad to hear your family is spending time together! Love you guys, and miss you too!!
Marc
Post a Comment