It's a beautiful cool and rainy afternoon. Perfect for a short nap. I asked Lia to lay down with me. She is always cranky after school and I thought some down time might be good for her and honestly for me too! We lay down in our bed and she starts talking about ghost. She gets this amazing expression on her face, squeals and tells me she can't sleep because there are ghost everywhere. I'm really starting to feel cozy in my bed, there is a cool breeze coming through the window and I'm starting to relax. I somewhat mumble that there are no ghost in our home, only angels. Lia starts asking me where they are. She insist that I find some for her to see. I quietly say some things about how we can't always see them but God does send angels . . . dozing off to sleep . . .
Lia says, "well, pray to God and tell Him we want to see angels."
I simply reply with, "Sure, you can pray for that Lia."
She insistent, "No! You start praying."
So, I pray. It's quiet for about 30 seconds and Lia shouts, "The angels aren't here yet. What's taking so long."
I never got my short nap. Lia kept talking about the angels and about how she knows everything while climbing on my back.
No comments:
Post a Comment