Tuesday, October 28, 2008

row, row, row your boat

This morning at breakfast Lia and I were reading the daily calendar we have on our table. It's a prayer calendar for China. Each day will show a picture and a city or people group of China to pray for. Lia loves to flip the calendar to the new day. This morning the picture was of a beautiful area in the city of Guilin (Gway-Lin).

Me: I would love to go to that city.
Lia: Me too. I want to sail a boat through those waters. Or maybe I could row a boat.
Me: That would be so cool. I think rowing might be better since there are so many cliffs and rocks.
Lia: Yes, I'm a good rower. I could row you, Daddy and Zach.
Me: That would be awesome.
Lia: I'm a Chinese Rower!
Me: Smile.

She has been very interested in the fact that she is Chinese. We've had a lot of conversations lately about this. After our mentioned conversation, she started talking about being a gymnist and that last night she had a dream that she was. She really loved watching the Olympics. Often she would comment on the girls that "look just like her."

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

guilin IS incredible! it was a city that our train to lijiang took us through. it's EXACTLY how it is in pictures...or at least from the train it is. i've been dreaming a lot about china too...we need to make jaozi!