Fall is probably my favorite season. I am thankful that we live in a part of the country where we get to enjoy every season because each in their own way are magnificent. But Fall is especially fantastic. The month of October is not disappointing. The temperatures have been perfect, the trees are beginning to change and we've already made a pile of leaves to play in.
A little more than a year ago we were living with our dear friends Bill and Bonnie in Columbia. I will never be able to say how fantastic this time was for our family--we love and are incredibly thankful for Grandpa Bill and Grandma Bonnie.
I thought about these dear friends yesterday when Zach and Lia were raking leaves in the front yard. Lia began directing Zach on where to put the leaves. "Move them this way." "Bring more over here!" I started to laugh because I remembered Bill one evening commenting on Lia's potential future as a "Project Manager." I think he was right. Lia is constantly telling us what could be done better, how it should be done and how she really, really does know everything.
Zach was not impressed with his sister's leadership abilities and simply said, "Lia, just help me pile leaves and stop talking."
No comments:
Post a Comment