Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Today is Wednesday

I've been sick this week and I have basically have hung out in my bed since Sunday. I had strep throat--it's nasty stuff and made me feel pretty awful. I'm feeling better today. I'm not 100% but I'm better. I can swallow, I'm not running a fever and my body doesn't ache to it's core. I am grateful!

Today is Wednesday. It's an absolutely beautiful day here in Kansas. The sky is bright blue, the air is crisp and the sun is warming my living room. The trees . . . man, the trees are gorgeous. Reds, oranges, yellows, golds . . . fall is grand!

Here are some highlights and thoughts for today:
1. We all overslept. I love sleeping in but not on a school day--it makes for a hectic morning.
2. At my doctor's appointment this morning the nurse said that I am 5 feet 4 inches. Really? I've shrunk an inch. Is that possible? My blood pressure is thankfully normal. Other stats don't need to be mentioned.
3. The receptionist at the Dr's office called me, "kiddo." I haven't been called that in a long time.
4. I realized how messy and out of control our house looks. When mommy is sick things get a little crazy. All is well though--I'm not freaking out about it.
5. This should top my list--I'm grateful for my Darlin'--he is a faithful, patient and kind man. He reflects the heart of Jesus to me.
6. I'm going to take Lia on a little Mommy daughter date--she hasn't had much time with me this week.
7. I miss my friends in Columbia and cry when I think of the church. Though I know we are where we need to be, my heart aches sometimes.

2 comments:

amy said...

Hi kiddo.

I like you.

annaelyse said...

i want to lay on your living room floor and soak up that sun! glad you're feeling better-ish. love you!