Monday, January 12, 2009

Lia's dream & making Zach teary

The past two mornings Lia has woke up and told us about a very funny dream she has had. The dream has been the same. Usually she tells us that she has dreamed that she was a mermaid swimming through the ocean but this dream was a little different. In Lia's words . . .

I had a dream last night that I was a grown up and I went out on our deck in a beautiful white dress. There were Hans (the bad guys from Mulan) in our backyard. Then Michael (our neighbor who is at our door almost every afternoon) was also grown up and he wanted to marry me. There were 6 little white lambs dancing around me singing, "la, la, la, la la la la!"

We just smiled and laughed as she told us and sang over and over, "la, la, la . . ." She just thought those little lambs were so cute.

Last Saturday morning before I went to work we were all sitting on the couch talking about our special day, Gotcha/Family Day! Todd and I told the kids their stories. How each of them are a miracle and an answer to our prayers. As we started to tell Zach his story he stopped me and said, "Wait, don't make me cry again. Last time you told me this story, I started to cry and got very teary."

How sweet is that. I told the story and though he was quite excited to hear it, I was the one who cried.

1 comment:

amy said...

Ha! Your kids are so great. I'm 33, and every year on the anniversary of my adoption I ask my mom, "Tell me the story again!" and she does and we laugh and cry and it never, ever, ever gets old.