** it seems I made a mistake, we've only been here 4 months.
Another month has passed. We have been in Korea for 4 months today. It's the week of Christmas and our little apartment here in Bundang is festive and full of cheer--well, with exception of the occasional whine, argument and sibling rivalry.
Perhaps I shouldn't say this out loud or even in type, but 5 months from now, Todd will be finishing up his first year as a Science Teacher and we will be heading back to the States for summer vacation. As I say that, I wonder, will the next 5 months go as quickly as these? Will they seem long and frustrating? Will I just live to get by until we can visit friends and family?
On one hand, I feel very content here. It feels like home (just missing a lot of people we love). For Todd, too, life here feels "normal". Zach continues to have moments of homesickness and longings for his friends but he is growing up so much and we see beautiful things happening in his heart. Lia, is just happy. Happy to be here. Happy to look like everyone else.
As I sit here looking out our window over Bundang, I am undone by God's faithfulness. We have had an amazing journey over the course of our marriage--the last two years have been extremely beautiful and difficult. But God. But God, has proven His goodness, His mercy, His unfailing love and His Greatness in our lives.
5 comments:
this is lovely. even though i will miss you guys for being in korea for another year, it's just great
I can't believe it's been 5 months. It seems like yesterday that bid you farewell at the airport. It's been an incredible journey for me to just see how faithful God has been your life, and how you constantly turn to Him. I love you so so much, and I hope Santa brings me a round trip ticket to Korea to visit you.
you can do it Kim! it will fly, and you will stay. and God will take care of Zach's heart because you are following Him. i love you.
"But God". Great thought. I've been lurking for a while enjoying your posts - thought I'd chime in. Say hi to Todd.
...oops. Thought you might want to know "wienercat" is Ryan M. :-)
Post a Comment