149 days x 3 Grace Gifts a day = 347 Grace Gifts
3 Gifts Given Today
1. A friend texted me the sweetest little note today. She told me I have the most beautiful hair. Seriously, it was the sweetest encouragement. I don't usually think of my hair as beautiful. Fun and easy maybe but not beautiful. Beauty is typically associated with long flowing hair. Thank you sweet Rachel for making me feel warm and fuzzy and beautiful today.
2. Another friend texted and offered me her Canon 5D for our upcoming trip to Seattle. I have been so sad about my broken camera and not having it for our trip. Thank you Amy for your generosity. Thank you, Canon for repairing and replacing the part for FREE.
3. DarIin. He is always serving and giving with kindness and patience. I want to be more like him.

3 Gifts Given Today
1. A friend texted me the sweetest little note today. She told me I have the most beautiful hair. Seriously, it was the sweetest encouragement. I don't usually think of my hair as beautiful. Fun and easy maybe but not beautiful. Beauty is typically associated with long flowing hair. Thank you sweet Rachel for making me feel warm and fuzzy and beautiful today.
2. Another friend texted and offered me her Canon 5D for our upcoming trip to Seattle. I have been so sad about my broken camera and not having it for our trip. Thank you Amy for your generosity. Thank you, Canon for repairing and replacing the part for FREE.
3. DarIin. He is always serving and giving with kindness and patience. I want to be more like him.
I was thinking of today's treasure hunt from the view of how I have given today. I honestly couldn't think of what I had given. Perhaps the encouraging word or hug shared. Maybe the cheers for a friend who faced a fear today--a fear she bravely overcame. Maybe it was words to Zach that he can come to me in the middle of the night any time he needs to and I would be happy to help him (which happened the night before and my first reaction from my sleep wasn't very positive). Maybe the long conversation around our table tonight while sipping wine and eating Todd's fresh baked bread. It was communion--remembering, giving thanks, longing and waiting for more. "
Lia's Piano Recital was today. She has a love/hate relationship with piano recitals. She argued and fought and stressed about it all morning. As she waited for her moment she chewed on the corners of her piano book, looked at the program again and again and emphatically tld us this would be her last recital . . .EVER! When it was her turn she played strong and beautiful. Afterwards we walked to Sparky's for some celebratory ice cream and found this old piano sitting at the corner of 9th and Broadway. A sign was painted on the piano that read, "Play ME"--and so she did!
The paradox of Lia. She is brave.



No comments:
Post a Comment