Tuesday, September 1, 2015

day 238 & 239

8.29.2015

day 238

A Gift One, Two, Three

1. Today we helped our long time friends move into their new home. Our history with these friends goes back to their youth group days--we have known them since they were in 7th grade. I am grateful for sweet history with them. I am grateful that I have friendships that span over lifetimes. 

2. Traveling to KC for 24 hours with my Darlin. It was like an extended date night. 

3. Celebrating our friend Rachel, AKA Ray-Ray. What an amazing evening! Rachel threw the loveliest dinner party I have ever been too. It was beautiful in every way and the food was magnificent! She turned 30 and served us all with her amazing gifts of hospitality and love. I love you, Ray! You are one-of-a-kind!








8.30.2015

day 239

3 Gifts Very Small

1. Morning fog. I once read that fog is tiny suspended water droplets. This morning as I woke from our 18th floor hotel room the city was covered with these tiny suspended water droplets. It was beautiful.

2. We went to breakfast at a new spot in KC before heading home. One of the servers had blue and orange hair and wore the best 80's outfit that I've seen in a long time. She was working the juice bar, dancing to the rhythm of the music as she prepared fresh juices. She had two tiny moon tattoos on each of her cheek bones. I really wanted to hear her story. 

3. Our car had issues on the way home. 25 miles outside of the Columbia we struggled to get off the highway and safely pulled into the truck stop. We were towed back to Columbia by Kyle who talked about his wife and two kids, picked up by Nan and brought safely home. Little gifts of grace along the way. We found out that the issue was a tiny sensor that had failed. 


No comments: