12.24.2015
Today is my birthday. In honor of my 48 years I am going to give thanks for 48 gifts to me in this past year. Perhaps this will become a birthday tradition. I have been feeling down about my birthday. Not because I'm another year older, that I don't mind. I wanted to be with friends and celebrate but it's hard to gather friends at Christmas. I decided this morning that I would battle the blues with THANKS! Hasn't this past year been all about giving thanks and looking for God's grace and beauty in each and every day! YES! Giving thanks leads to JOY and JOY leads to more THANKS and then your're back again to more JOY! It's amazing how once you start counting the gifts in your life, they start to flow out of you like a river.
48 Gifts from 2015
1. Rehearsing the truth that Jesus rescued me and made me new.
2. The Grace of God to me through Christ that sustains and keeps me each moment of each day.
3. HOPE.
4. PEACE when anxiety sought to consume me.
5. JOY.
6. God has strengthened and spoke to me through His word and prayer.
7. My Darlin (we're closing in on 25 years).
8. Zachary Todd.
9. Lia-Joy.
10. Treasured friendships.
11. Provision for every need.
12. Generosity given and received.
13. Words of encouragement and affirmation.
14. Pretty flowers in vases.
15. Winter. 16. Spring. 17. Summer. 18. Fall. I am so thankful to live in an area where every season is distinct. I love them all!
19. Books--I've read so many great books this year.
20. Candles.
21. Music.
22. the sky!--sun, moon, stars!
23. Big, fluffy, rolling clouds.
24. delicious food.
25. marathon movie days with friends.
26. Tea.
27. My job.
28. My co-laborer at work, Nanny.
29. Visits from friends.
30. Game nights.
31. Trip to Seattle for Kelly's wedding.
32. the Puget Sound.
33. Dinner at Delancey with Cha and Karin.
34. Beach walk with Jinny in LA.
35. Anna's wedding and her beautiful friends and family.
36. Celebrating Ray-Ray's 30th birthday.
37. Birthday walks with Kristin.
38. Stories of redemption and healing.
39. Soccer, soccer, soccer.
40. Basketball with the Junior High girls.
41. Fresh veggies from farmer Debbie.
42. Friends who helped celebrate Todd's 50th!
43.Trail walks/runs.
44. Surprises! I love surprises--the good ones of course!
45. Dreaming of things to come.
46. Kim and Amy's salad.
47. Sailboat days.
48. Being loved and known in sweet ways.
Today is my birthday. In honor of my 48 years I am going to give thanks for 48 gifts to me in this past year. Perhaps this will become a birthday tradition. I have been feeling down about my birthday. Not because I'm another year older, that I don't mind. I wanted to be with friends and celebrate but it's hard to gather friends at Christmas. I decided this morning that I would battle the blues with THANKS! Hasn't this past year been all about giving thanks and looking for God's grace and beauty in each and every day! YES! Giving thanks leads to JOY and JOY leads to more THANKS and then your're back again to more JOY! It's amazing how once you start counting the gifts in your life, they start to flow out of you like a river.
48 Gifts from 2015
1. Rehearsing the truth that Jesus rescued me and made me new.
2. The Grace of God to me through Christ that sustains and keeps me each moment of each day.
3. HOPE.
4. PEACE when anxiety sought to consume me.
5. JOY.
6. God has strengthened and spoke to me through His word and prayer.
7. My Darlin (we're closing in on 25 years).
8. Zachary Todd.
9. Lia-Joy.
10. Treasured friendships.
11. Provision for every need.
12. Generosity given and received.
13. Words of encouragement and affirmation.
14. Pretty flowers in vases.
15. Winter. 16. Spring. 17. Summer. 18. Fall. I am so thankful to live in an area where every season is distinct. I love them all!
19. Books--I've read so many great books this year.
20. Candles.
21. Music.
22. the sky!--sun, moon, stars!
23. Big, fluffy, rolling clouds.
24. delicious food.
25. marathon movie days with friends.
26. Tea.
27. My job.
28. My co-laborer at work, Nanny.
29. Visits from friends.
30. Game nights.
31. Trip to Seattle for Kelly's wedding.
32. the Puget Sound.
33. Dinner at Delancey with Cha and Karin.
34. Beach walk with Jinny in LA.
35. Anna's wedding and her beautiful friends and family.
36. Celebrating Ray-Ray's 30th birthday.
37. Birthday walks with Kristin.
38. Stories of redemption and healing.
39. Soccer, soccer, soccer.
40. Basketball with the Junior High girls.
41. Fresh veggies from farmer Debbie.
42. Friends who helped celebrate Todd's 50th!
43.Trail walks/runs.
44. Surprises! I love surprises--the good ones of course!
45. Dreaming of things to come.
46. Kim and Amy's salad.
47. Sailboat days.
48. Being loved and known in sweet ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment