Wednesday, December 30, 2015

day 269

3 Gifts of Christmas Break

1. A slower rhythm without a plan. This is such a simple gift. There is always this slight jealousy in me for those who get to go away to beautiful places. I fight for joy some days to see the gift of remaining. I've experienced the gift of remaining this break.

2. Friends who are part of our story. This Christmas season has brought many friends back to Columbia to visit family for the holidays. I have had sweet times with several of these woman who I love deeply. They are brave and strong and kind and weak and beautiful. They are dreamers and warriors of grace and truth. What a gift to share tea and stories of all that we call life.

3. Multiple cups of tea a day, hours of reading, puzzles, and streaming the One Thing Conference. 

Ann Voskamp posted this on her blog: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2015/12/this-is-the-year-when-new-year-resolutions-feel-hopeless-you-want-some-soulutions-free-printable/



I have never been one to make resolutions. It stresses me out. For my birthday Todd gave me a small journal to dream, to pray for those things that seem impossible. I think it's quite possibly my most favorite gift ever from him. I might incorporate this too. It doesn't seem too stressful and could be part of my dream journal.


Home.




No comments: