Everyone slept well our first night here. When I woke up Monday morning I just sat and stared at the mound of boxes piled throughout the house. We ate breakfast, I sipped on some tea and the kids played in their room most of the day. In the morning our friends Nancy and Xen called and then stopped by. It was great to see them. Lia and Xen connected quickly--Lia referred to Xen several times as her Hunan Sister. We traveled with Nancy and her husband Doug to China. Xen and Lia are from the same orphange. It will be nice to be close to them. Nancy helped me sort through the boxes and bore with me as I commented on every little item I pulled out--"oh, this is from Guatemala a friend went there . . . " She said I feel like I'm going on a world tour.
Later in the afternoon our friend Rachel from Columbia was coming through town so she stopped in. I had been looking forward to her coming all day. Ray-Ray as we like to call her is working at a camp just about an hour south of us so she will be visiting us often! Ray helped me, well, practically did it herself, organize our storage closet. It is totally packed full. I'm so glad that we have it because I don't know where we would put all of the stuff that's in it.
Oh, a very important find in Mission is a place called Wild Oats. It's an organic/health food store. I love it. It's the coolest place and only about 5 minutes away. The prices are reasonable and they have all sorts of yummy, good for you foods. I can't wait to go again.
This morning I sit listening to the rain falling down on the beautiful trees outside my window and I'm still surprised that we are here. I'm happy to be here. I'm excited for what God has for our family here but it still feels a bit weird. Last night our friend Rebecca who lives in KC came by. I felt like I was back in Columbia. We sat and chatted for awhile and then moved stuff around . . . if you do stop by I might need some help moving a piece of furniture or unpacking something. Warning!
I should actually do some of that now while the kids are still sleeping. Slowly this is starting to feel like home.
Rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment